The Men & Mice Suite offering in marketplace offers a simple wizard for deployment of the necessary components to get started.
Below there is a list of components that are installed and their main functions.
|Men & Mice Central||is the central authentication server. It also serves as the meta-data storage engine, containing things such as zone history logs, user accounts and permissions, etc. You must have one copy on some server somewhere. It does not need to be installed on a DNS|
|Men & Mice DNS Server Controller||is the DNS server agent. It usually sits on each DNS server machine and manages the DNS service on your behalf. In the case of cloud DNS services providers there should be a DNS server controller installed on the same machine as the central service.|
|Men & Mice DHCP Server Controller||is the DHCP server agent. It sits on each DHCP server machine (or in case of the MS DHCP Server Controller, on any machine in the network) and manages the DHCP service on your behalf.|
|Men & Mice Web Application||In version 9.1 of the Men & Mice Suite, a new Web Application for the Men & Mice Suite was introduced. The Web Application includes most day-to-day actions needed for DDI management.|
|Men & Mice Management Console|
is a thick client and one the main user interface of the Suite. You can install multiple copies, wherever it’s needed.
|Azure SQL Server|
used by the Men & Mice Central. The Men & Mice Suite will preform all the necessary setup for the database to be ready for use.
Finding the product in the Marketplace
- Open up your Azure Portal and in the search bar in at the top of the screen enter "Marketplace".
- Click the Marketplace option which should appear under services
- Enter the search term "Men & Mice Suite" click on the offering and there should open a sidebar to the right with a "Create" button.
Azure Marketplace Wizard
After pressing the create button you should be created by the Azure Marketplace Wizard for the Men & Mice Suite offering.
On the left hand side you can see the 7 steps required to be filled out before you can start your deployment.
Basics (Information regarding subscription, resource group and location)
Please select the subscription you wish the Azure Consumption of the deployment to be billed to.
- Please select an empty resource group or a create a new one
Please select a region.
2. Virtual Machine Settings (User credentials, system specifications and storage accounts)
-When selecting Virtual Machine Size please consider the size of the environment you intend to manage.
-For small environments we recommend D2s_v3
- Zones: fewer than 100, IP addresses: fewer than 5000, Subnets: fewer than 1000
-For medium environments we recommend D4s_v3
- Zones: fewer than 1000, IP addresses: fewer than 50000, Subnets: fewer than 10000
-For large environments we recommend D8s_v3
- Zones: Tens of thousands, IP addresses: Millions. Subnets: Hundreds of thousands
-There is the option to use an existing storage account if customers have a centralized storage account used for VM diagnostics.
-Select either a new or existing storage account
-Input a username which will be used as the local administrator account for the VM which will be created.
-There are some reserved words which cannot be used for the account name: "admin", "administrator", "user" for example.
-Input a password which will be used as the password for the above mentioned local administrator account.
-Password contain at least 12 characters, with at least one symbol and one number.
3. Network Settings (Virtual network, subnets, ports and DNS)