If the ports are blocked you can't
- connect to the M&M Central with the Management Console / CLI / Web-Interface / SOAP-interface
- add a DNS/DHCP Server (Controller) to the M&M Central.
- auto-update the DNS/DHCP Server Controllers to a newer version (starting with version 6.2 for supported platforms)
The Men & Mice Suite uses two services, in addition to the DNS/DHCP service itself.
- Men & Mice DNS Server Controller service listens on port 1337/TCP.
- Men & Mice DHCP Server Controller service listens on port 4151/TCP.
- Men & Mice Updater service listens on port 4603/TCP (Starting with version 6.2 of the Men & Mice Suite an additional service is used to implement the auto-update functionality)
The Men & Mice Central service listens on port 1231/TCP for inbound connections from the Management Console / CLI / Web-Interface / SOAP-Interface.
These Ports are officially registered by Men & Mice for the Men & Mice Suite modules (http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers)
Of course, the DNS service itself listens on the standard port 53, both UDP and TCP.
The Men & Mice Management Console connects only to the Central service. The Central service connects to all the associated DNS/DHCP Server Controller services to the updater service.