- Log in using the default credentials (administrator:administrator). You will be presented by the figure below. Click 'Next' after having specified a new password for administrator user.
- Complete each screen as you move through the wizard.
- The wizard will finish after the user clicks the 'Finish' button and afterwords the changes will be applied.
When the Management Console is started up, the Manager Window displays in the center. This window is the heart of the Men & Mice Management Console, providing a single interface with nearly every feature in the Men & Mice Suite.
- Sort and filter to allow a more concise view of the contents. Refer to Quick Filter.
- Display a shortcut or "context" menu that gives access to other options. Right-click to view this shortcut menu.
- Open an object by simply double-clicking. This opens either a property window (such as in the case of DNS/DHCP Servers), or brings you to a new view of the data contained within the object (such as in the case of DNS Zones, DHCP Zones, and IP Address Ranges).
- Reorder the columns. Click on the column you want to move and, while holding down the mouse key, drag the column to the new position.
- Display or hide columns. Right-click on a column header. All the column names shown with a checkmark are currently displayed. To hide a column, click on the name to remove the checkmark. To display a hidden column, repeat the process. Reset all makes all columns display without having to unhide them individually.
- Lease History. This function can be enabled through System Settings, Logging. When enabled you can search the DHCP lease history and if desired, export the search results to a file.
- Object History. Allows you to query the history throughout the system for all objects or a specific object. Refer to Object Change History for details. You can search all objects or, using the Only show objects of type drop-down list, you can select which object type to search. You can only search all object types or one selected object type.
- Men & Mice Suite Log. Displays log messages for the Men & Mice Suite.
- Search and Update Wizard. Launches the Search and Update Wizard, a utility that allows you to find, create, modify, or delete records in multiple zones and DHCP Scopes using a single action. Click Next> and follow the instructions onscreen to specify the type of records you want to search, the action you want to perform (e.g., create, replace, delete, edit), etc.
- User Activity. Users with user administrative privileges can see this menu item. Selecting this menu item displays a window that shows a list of all users including the user name, authentication type, login status, and last login time.
Lets you create a zone, add a name server, a DHCP scope, or a DHCP server based on the currently selected object.
Lets you delete a zone, a name server, a DHCP scope, or a DHCP server; based on the currently selected object.
Display the options dialog box for the currently selected object, if applicable (e.g., Zone options, Server options, etc.).
Displays a window that provides general information about the selected server—e.g., server type, IP Address, OS, number of zones, number of requests sent/received, etc. Refer to.
Displays the Server Log window that shows the DNS log of that server. Refer to DNS Servers—Server Log.
Opens the History window and displays a log of all changes that have been made to the selected object, including the date and time of the change, the name of the user who made it, the actions performed, and any comments entered by the user. Refer to Management Console—Object Change History.
Launches the Zone Wizard, which helps you create the desired type of zone by prompting you with a series of questions. Refer to DNS Zones—Zone Migration Wizard.
When selected, toggles between hierarchical and flat view for the IP Address range.
This text field lets you instantly filter out objects that you do not want to display. For example, if you type "ex" in the field, only objects that contain "ex" somewhere in their name are displayed in the Object List. When you clear the contents from this field, all available objects are again displayed. Refer to Quick Filter.
Saves the information as entered in the main zone information window.
Prints the zone information.
Opens the Find Zone dialog box in which you enter criterion to locate specific information for this zone. Refer to DNS Zones—Search.
Opens the Zone Options dialog box. Refer to the DNS Zones—Zone Options.
Displays the history for the selected zone. Refer to the DNS Zones—View History.
Launches the Record Creation Wizard. Refer to DNS Resource Records.
Only available for static zones on BIND Opens the Zone Controls dialog box. Refer to the DNS Zones—Zone Controls.
Analyzes the contents of the zone. Refer to DNS Zones—Zone Analysis.